Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Week 9 - Thing 23!!!!

Well, I actually did it! I completed all 23 things for this Learning program. It may have taken me a bit longer than most, but I did start when I was 8 months pregnant with baby #3. Now, our son is over 3 months old, but boy is his mom a techno-savvy librarian!!!!

I found this program to be a great tool for all of us public servants here at the library. Our customers are going to be more and more savvy about the resources that are available out there in cyberspace and we need to stay current.

My favorite exercises were the one where The Library Thing was introduced and also learning about bloglines. I love the idea of creating my own digital library and having the summaries of the blogs. Very cool!

I considered myself to be technically capable but came to realize through this program that I am falling way behind. This was a real wake up call for me and I hope to be able to continue to grow and learn in addition to keeping my library skills sharp. Currently, I work on a very part-time basis (due to 3 small children) but some day hope to return to more regular hours. I need to keep abreast of all the new technologies and resources available to best assist patrons. This program was a great start! If there are other opportunities, I will certainly participate!

23 Things...graduation day!!!! Yeah!!!!

1 comment:

JimD said...

Congratulations. Thanks a lot for working your way through the program!!