Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Week 9 - Thing 20

You Tube....it is awesome and silly all at the same time. Just ask my husband, you can spend hours surfing around finding weird and wacky videos.

I enjoyed spending some time sifting through the hundred of thousands of postings to find something I found interesting.

After checking out clips of cats talking and other fun postings, I decided to choose one that showed a random person's photos from a trip to Austria and Germany. We lived in Vienna for three years and it was neat to see many of the places that I used to see all the time. It was a nice video, set to music and lots of good photos but what really was the kicker was the owner took a shot of my favorite sign in all of the city. It is a picture of a stick person underneath a wind blown tree. The Viennese are totally fearful of the wind to the extent that they post signs to warn about it. Yet, it really is not that windy. Too funny!!

Here it is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4HgsLfv6Bg&feature=related

I can see that this might have some use for the library. It is an excellent source of photos and videos but it all has to be taken with some degree of scrutiny since it is open to the public. Still, a fun site!

No comments: